Monday, June 5, 2017

Are you talking to Me?

1496603771631-b93e5a5d-a155-4a90-a104-5b826cb59afe.jpgOne night--literally, she was only there for one night--my sister Mary was in a hospice center. As the family was all gathered about, my other sister and her daughter discussed who would stay with Mary that night. Although I could hear every word said and was a mere three feet away, they talked as though I wasn’t.

This morning as I pondered my prayer life, I recalled this incident. Funny, isn't it, how our Lord uses common things to point us to Himself? He gently spoke to me about how I talk a lot--intending for Him to hear the conversation yet...yet I don't speak directly to Him.

Hmn, Stef. You mean you spoke at Him but not to Him? Seems like what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Okay, I see it, Lord. Although Your presence is always surrounding me, You still desire my undivided attention. Just as when my sister wanted me to hear her words, I wasn’t invited into the conversation. And when I'm not a part, I wind up being apart from talking with someone who can help.


As I continue learning, Father, thank You for these simple truths. I am to go to the Source for help in my times of need. Concentrating on You keeps my prayers from just being useless words that are bandied about in hopes of being responded to. May I be more direct instead of subtly hinting when I need answers is my prayer. Amen. +

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!