Wednesday, September 3, 2014

2

September 2, 2014
Good evening. Usually I tend to blog in the morning but today...today I got caught up in too many memories as I tried to write so I put that one away in hopes that my words would be more pleasant and hopefully inspirational later in the day. As I looked through the pics I have in my folder to choose from, this one stood out to me. With it being September now, summer is coming to an end, and thoughts of burrowing up and canning those last bits of garden delights fill our minds. Many of us planted seeds of all different varieties and the harvest is plenty. Enjoying the fruits of our labors is the reward our Good Lord allows us. However, as we turn this blog now to spiritual seeds, let's take a moment and reflect on that farming. Were any of you involved in Bible School, mission trips, back-to-school events, and such? Many of those you encountered will not be in your daily realm but...But those seeds you planted, those verses you taught, those crafts you made with the kids, and all of those hugs you so joyfully doled out? Oh, what a wonderful field that one day will be, just ripe for the pickings! Can't you just imagine all of those sweet little kids one day coming up to you in Heaven, thanking you for teaching them about Jesus? No, you may not have lead them to Him but guess what? You did your part. You prayed for them, you put ideas of the greatest love of all in their sweet little minds, and mostly you showed them Jesus in the flesh when you reached out to them, loving them, and accepting them for the moments you were allowed with them. Thank you. Thank you! The workers are few. Thank you for doing your part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!