Monday, July 24, 2017

And the hits just keep comin'

Sigh.  It’s been another one of those...months.  You know what I mean?  It’s not just a day.  Not just a portion of time.  Rather, it seems to be an endless attack on my fragile self that often seems to be barely hanging on.  Remember how Steve likes to say “If you aren’t living on the edge then you’re taking up too much space?”  I think I could use a little more ground under my feet.

Now, I could whine, could grumble, and could go into great detail and list all the somebody-done-me-wrongs so that you would be fascinated and hanging on my every word, wondering why some of these trivial things have the power to even bother me (like a pesty gnat would) or perhaps you might marvel that I didn’t go off on one or two of the souls who really pushed all of those buttons that I left exposed rather than hidden.  However, I am not going to do that.  As my pastor quoted some other fella a couple of weeks ago, “It’s okay to groan but not to gripe.”

That stuck with me and reminded me of the Bible verse about this.  Romans 8:26 tells us “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.”  

Kind of also reminds me of the latest MercyMe song “Even If” when these words are sung:

They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Well good thing
A little faith is all I have, right now
But God, when You choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Oh give me the strength to be able to sing
It is well with my soul

A little faith.  

God, when You choose.  

Give me the strength.  

2017-07-24 I know You're able and I know You can.JPG
Make it well with my soul, Lord, is my heart’s cry to You right now.  In Jesus’ name I ask this.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!