Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I Need A Drink!

Isaiah 58 11.jpg

This morning when I went to the kitchen to make my love's breakfast, I was...greeted(?) by the sad sight you see on the left. My poor plant was in dire need of some refreshment and was just not in its usual glory. As I made my way to the sink to get some water, I thought about how often I wake up feeling this way: in need of some boost to get me feeling peppy and pretty and ready to fulfill my daily obligations.

Just a little spiritual, living water can be the cure for what ails me and when I take the time to drink from the cup before life has its chance to make me feel draggy, my day is off to a brighter beginning. One sip helps but when I drink the whole cup? Oh yeah, sisters: I start feeling better and before too long, start rising, start looking better, and am better able to achieve my purpose.


So, before you go to bed tonight, look around and see if there is any watering you need to do before calling it a day. Check to see if you have nourished what is under your care. Don't let the heat and cares of this day go unnoticed and thereby make something droop that should be standing proudly. After all, when you look at the picture on the right, you can't help but notice the difference. Right? Whether you take just a drop or two or the whole cup,drink from Jesus and let this spring of water that He provides flow freely throughout your parched being. May your thirst for Christ never be satisfied but may the nourishment He provides be enough to fill your soul with joy that runs over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!