Sunday, September 17, 2017

My Morning Prayer


Proverbs 23 29.jpg




Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who has complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes?

Proverbs 23:29


Good morning, Lord Jesus!

I haven’t a clue what today will bring forth.  I know my plans:  get things ready for an afternoon cookout; go to church in a little while; rest once the company has filled their bellies and stayed as long as they wanted to; watch the Cowboys play football; order those free prints from Amazon; maybe make some mustard jars if the postman brings my promised delivery today. Depending on how these things go will determine if we attend church later tonight.

Those are my plans, Lord.  Do they line up with Your will for me?  Ordinary events.  How can You use me to make them EXTRAordinary, EXTRA special, EXTRA meaningful?  I’m listening.  I’m being still.


Please bless my time with my church family and my real family today.  I mean, they are all my real family.  May I not show favor to some and not all today is my desire.  May I not esteem one over another.  That hurts when that happens, Lord.  Please don’t let me hurt today is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!