Friday, December 11, 2015

Be of Good Cheer!


Good morning!  Did you know that Christmas is just two weeks from today?  It is!  And, did you also know that the end of the year is only three weeks away?  True also.  That being said, are you feeling a little deflated, a little discouraged, and/or maybe like the wind has left your sail?  If so, I have good news for you!!

My Friend Jesus made us all some promises that we can cling to, that we can claim, and that we can reflect on as our lives seem to be busier and less calm than they should be.  Here are just a few:

"For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."   [2 Corinthians 5:1]
"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."   [Isaiah 40:31]
"Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."   [Matthew 11:28]
"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."   [Isaiah 41:10]
See?  He's got it--He's got YOU--in His hand.  You don't have to be strong all the time.  You don't have to be in control of every little thing. When you are weak, He is strong.  When you are tired, He invites you to rest in Him.  When you feel like you are about to explode, He's got a new dwelling for you to put those new pieces in.  

Don't let the cares of the holiday season turn into chores.  Your heart can only handle so much (if you don't believe me, ask my sweet friend Audrey) before it needs a break.  Let the Great Physician hold and heal you.  You won't be in better hands!

Let's pray!

Dear Lord, as this time of the year is upon us, we want to rejoice and reflect in it and its real meaning.  Lord?  This is time that is supposed to be focused on You, on the true gift of the Christmas season.  May our bodies slow down, rest, and look to You for nourishment and for the peace You so willingly give to us.  May we worship more and worry less is my request for today.  

Thank You for being my Saviour for I surely am in need of being saved from all of the chaos that the world throws at me.  Because of You, Sweet Jesus, I can be of good cheer because You overcame the world.  What a wonderful gift You are!  Thanks for being my present--and my future.  I love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!