Saturday, July 25, 2015

Death by Chocolate

True story. The other day I, my daughter, and my three gsons stopped at My Local Bakery for an afternoon treat. To say Tubbs' eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store would be an understatement. What joy it brought to my heart and the delight I felt as I saw him realize this was a pretty special place.

Meanwhile, the other two were checking out the goodies in the showcases. As I rattled off the description for each cupcake, their eyes darted back and forth, trying to decide which flavor to choose. Finally, when I had named nearly all of them, my darling middle gson spotted one I had missed.
"What's that one called, Granny?"

"That one is called 'Death by Chocolate.'"
His eyes got huge, and as he cautiously backed away from the counter, he whispered, "Is there really death in it?"
I laughed and told him to ask the lady waiting on us. She assured him that there wasn't any death in it but--from a safe distance, just in case--he decided to go for the cake pop instead. ðŸ˜¨
What is it about death that scares so many? I cannot tell you how many times I've heard someone asked about their physical health and heard the nitty gritty details, followed by this statement: but it sure beats the alternative. Seriously?
Jesus told us to not fear death. He said He'd walk through its shadow with us. He said He's preparing a place for us. Hmm, um, have you noticed the condition of this world lately? Like Paul wrote, to die is to gain. Yet many I know want to prolong this for as long as possible.
As children of God, friends, we need not fear death. Sure, those left behind will have to deal with our loss, but we must trust that our holy Father will take care of them. He truly and surely knows best. So, go ahead and eat that 'Death by Chocolate' cupcake. Sounds like a pretty good way to go to me! ðŸ’’
Let's pray!
Dear Lord, thank You that I do not have to fear death. Thank You for the assurance of a better life, an eternal security, but mostly, thank You for allowing me the opportunity to spend it with You. What a day that will be!! Amen!
Wandering Through the Bible's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!