Thursday, July 9, 2015

Once Upon A Time

July 9, 2015

Do you believe what this picture says is true?  Should we share our stories, our hearts, our dreams with one another?  Should we confess our sins one to another?  Should we warn others about potential mistakes being that we have made them ourselves?

Hmn.

My answer would be yes.  Otherwise, why would I spend hours each week blogging about my life, my lessons, and my liberties?

Seriously though, I really think it is important that we share.  For instance, I have this friend, a former student, who is on the precipice of sharing her story with you--you, my fellow readers!  And her story is a good one but she's a little hesitant.  I won't spoil it for you but suffice it to say that when you read it, I daresay you will find pieces of yourselves in it.  When the time is right, I will post it and I think you will be encouraged by her words.

I realize not all of us are writers.  But most of us have tongues and ears.  They may be used to speak and to listen with and when they are, when hearts are opened and minds are cleared, progress is made.  Loads are lifted.  Burdens are burned.  Hope is renewed.

The Bible itself is a written record, filled with stories that teach us about Jesus, about forgiveness, about sins, about loyalty, about friendship, about ministry...The topics are endless and the wealth from it is vast.  Had someone not taken the time to pen these truths, where would we be?  How would we learn without these teachers?  Like the Ethiopian was in Acts 8, we too are ignorant until someone helps us out.  Read this:  Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?" And he said, "Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Today, I encourage you to share your stories.  Share your lessons.  Review key sermon points from services you recently attended.  Put things in your own words and express the impact that was made from what you learned so that others too may find relief.  Release.  Redemption.

Let's pray!

Dear Lord, how I thank You for the many folks who explained things to me that I was either curious about or needed more clarification.  Yeah, there were many times I refused to heed their advice and had to find some things out on my own--usually the hard way, the painful way.  Father?  Will You use us, Your children, to help educate those who are in need of a deeper understanding?  Will You allow our stories to touch hearts and open up conversations that lead to a better relationship with You?  We need You so much!  Help us, I ask, to be fervent with one another so that through our trials You are glorified.  In the name of Jesus I pray these things.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!