Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Thanks, Facebook

July 1, 2015  

Ahh, gotta love Facebook for its "On This Day" posts. This one is from three years ago and it would be funny except that it reminds me this was also the last day I saw my mother alive.

But hang on here a minute. Why let the past's pains try to steal today's joys? Un unh unh.

Yesterday, I had my "first date" with the ladies of Clarks Chapel. We had a great time and did this activity where we got to know each other a little better (for us newbies). It was an I-Poem and instead of it being one that tells folks about who we were, we chose instead to focus on WHO WE ARE now, today, this moment. I may post some of those responses in another blog but I will say this: I am definitely not the same woman I was just three years ago when this picture was taken. And I am so thankful that none of these women knew me then! They'd probably never have let me in their fellowship.

Un unh unh again. That's not true. These ladies are so wonderful that 

they love me, each other, and embrace the new ones as if they were family. Do you know why? Because we ARE family. 

Three years ago I said goodbye to my earthly mother for the last time in person. Yesterday, I was embraced by women who will replace her and my sisters that I lost as well. Reminds me of what Jesus told His disciples in Mark 10:29-30. Read it with me?

Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life..."

Sounds like a great swap to me! Thanks, Jesus! My prayer is that I will be a bigger blessing to them than they already have been to me--and that's going to be tough 'cause they've been awfully good to me thus far. Help me, I pray Dear Lord, to love them as You love them and as You love me. In Your name I pray. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!