Saturday, July 18, 2015

Whatever!

July 18, 2015                                

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8
This is definitely one of my all-time favorite verses. I just wrote it on the panel of my cupboard that my darling hubby made me a couple of years ago. Sorry my handwriting isn't so great but...don't think about that. Instead, think of what is indeed lovely!
If you look, you will see many things going on in this world that are untrue, that aren't right, and definitely have little purity in them. Yet, if you will take a moment to gaze a little deeper, you will find the nobility. You will see the admirable actions of those around you. Excellence abounds as do things that are worthy about proclaiming. These are the things to be thinking about, my sisters and brothers. These are the things we are to ponder on. These are the things we need to focus on.
I haven't asked for your participation lately so let's fix that. In the comment section, list one or more things, one or more "whatevers," and let us all know what you are considering today. Maybe it's the success of a recent mission trip or Bible School. Perhaps it's the recollections of a beautiful wedding you attended where the bride was particularly lovely--or the birth of a new baby. Maybe it's just joy at being alive and healthy. Whatever, will you share it with me today? Thanks! I look forward to being encouraged by these all day long!
Let's pray!
Whatever Lord. Whatever You allow in my life is what I want to be thankful for, is what I want to consider and meditate on. Nothing comes into my life that hasn't been sifted through Your hands first so as my day rolls along, my hope is that I will ponder this and try to anticipate what the good is that You are working in my life through these whatevers. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!