Friday, November 6, 2015

That's What I Said!

Have you ever searched for just the right words to say, to describe what you are feeling--to no avail?  And then, voila`!  You come across it in a letter or devotion or just happen to overhear it somewhere.

The past few days--ahh, scratch that.  This past year has been a tough one for me, both emotionally and physically.  And it just so happens, there are 56 days left.  Wonder what they will hold for me?  For you?  For our nation?  

Friends, I don't have the answers nor do I always have the right words to say to bring comfort, encouragement, nor to advise those who ask for my help.  Like the psalmist in chapter 6 of the Book of Psalms, though, I am not afraid to cry out to The One Who does.  I know Who is sitting calmly on His throne, not vexed, not troubled, not wringing His hands in agony nor indecision.  For you see, He already has the whole world in His hands.  He's already laid it out on His timetable and even better, He knows the end from the beginning!

So, if like me, you sometimes find yourself discouraged, hurting, and maybe even bewildered, take a few moments and read over this scripture.  You may want to find you need more than a kindred spirit.  If so, read the rest of the chapter.  I think you will find just the answer needed--not necessarily what you wanted to hear, but what you need.  And isn't that what is important?  I think so too!


Psalm 6:2

New International Version
Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.
New Living Translation
Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.
English Standard Version
Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing; heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled.
New American Standard Bible 
Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am pining away; Heal me, O LORD, for my bones are dismayed.
King James Bible
Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Be gracious to me, LORD, for I am weak; heal me, LORD, for my bones are shaking; 
International Standard Version
Be gracious to me, LORD, because I am fading away. Heal me, because my body is distressed.
NET Bible
Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am frail! Heal me, LORD, for my bones are shaking! 
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Have mercy upon me Lord Jehovah because I am sick; heal me, Lord Jehovah, because my bones are troubled.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
Have pity on me, O LORD, because I am weak. Heal me, O LORD, because my bones shake with terror.
JPS Tanakh 1917
Be gracious unto me, O LORD, for I languish away; Heal me, O LORD, for my bones are affrighted.
New American Standard 1977 
Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am pining away; 
            Heal me, O LORD, for my bones are dismayed.
Jubilee Bible 2000
Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
King James 2000 Bible
Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are troubled.
American King James Version
Have mercy on me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
American Standard Version
Have mercy upon me, O Jehovah; for I am withered away: O Jehovah, heal me; for my bones are troubled.
Douay-Rheims Bible
Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak: heal me, O Lord, for my bones are troubled. 
Darby Bible Translation
Be gracious unto me, Jehovah, for I am withered; Jehovah, heal me, for my bones tremble.
English Revised Version
Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am withered away: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.
Webster's Bible Translation
Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are agitated.
World English Bible
Have mercy on me, Yahweh, for I am faint. Yahweh, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
Young's Literal Translation
Favour me, O Jehovah, for I am weak, Heal me, O Jehovah, For troubled have been my bones,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!