Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Oh Me Of Little Faith!

Psalm 43:5 asks this question--and answers it in the same verse: "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."  So, in response, I direct it back to you, to me.  Why are we afraid, dismayed, doubting, and depressed today?  No need to be!

I've been pondering things lately.  Big surprise, huh?  I know but...that's why I make the big bucks!  Seriously though, a part of my wonderful church is that we have a continuous prayer chain via Facebook that I am a part of.  And, before this came along, we had that old-fashioned kind.  You know:  the kind where people actually called one another on telephones and checked up on their friends, family, and loved ones.  And go back even further, and guess what?  Yep!  We had that real old-timey kind:  the one where we'd hit our knees at the first signs of calamity, distress, or any other type of need.

Regardless of the way our requests are made known to God and to each other, one thing has not changed:  He's still on the throne.  Jesus is by His side, along with the Holy Spirit.  It's been this way since the dawn of time, which, ironically, is what I entitled my picture for today.  Gaze over it and see what those three have been up to, will you?  I tried not to leave you out but forgive me, please, if I did.  

Did you make the list?  See any of your needs that have not already been predetermined and allowed for?  Obviously I do not have the mind of God but...but I do have His heart, placed there when Jesus Christ saved my soul many moons ago.  And because of that, because of His great love, I can rest today.  I don't have to wring my hands when the bad news comes--and it will.  I don't have to fret over who will win the primaries today:  that's already been predetermined.  I don't have to wonder if Brenda's surgery will be okay because I know my Great Physician already has her in His sweet hands.  Those world disasters and senseless acts of violence and/or carelessness have all got His angels ready to take charge and assist where needed.  

So, why am I disquieted?  I'm not!  And you shouldn't be either.  Here's what Jesus did to prove this in Matthew 8:25-27:
And they came to Him and woke Him, saying, "Save us, Lord; we are perishing!" He said to them, "Why are you afraid, you men of little faith?" Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm. The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"
I'll tell you what:  that's the kind of Man I am following today.  I hope you are too!

Let's pray!

Rarely do I think of the three of You acting on my behalf, taking for granted You have got me.  Thank You, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for this unasked for but greatly appreciated act of mercy, love, and observation of what I need before I even ask for it.  May the hearts and souls of Your children be touched today by the tender mercies You provide is my hope.  Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!