Friday, September 23, 2016

That's Me Jesus Is Praying For!

In John 17, Jesus was in the garden of Gethsemane, doing something that--if you will allow yourself to be transported back in time--just may have you thinking differently the next time the tempter comes along and tries to tell you that you are worthless, useless, and not really a child of God. For in this prayer, in this last conversation with His Father before going to Calvary, Jesus had you on His heart. He did!

"But Stef: I wasn't even alive then. How can this be?"

Oh, my precious friend, I assure you that it was! For you see, long before the world came to know you, long before the garden, and long before the world even existed, you were on His mind. He knew all about you--from the size of your shoe to the tint of your hair. He knew you'd need extra support in certain areas of your life while in other parts your independence would shine forth. He knew the road you would travel and even though it may have been different than His original plan, He allowed you to traverse it so that you could decide for yourself what truth is.

For the next few minutes, I want you to pause your life and go back. Go back to the garden with me, with Christ. Hear Him earnestly crying out to our Father on your behalf. Feel His love as He tells God how much He loves you and how He longs for you to complete the circle in heaven with Him and God. And get this: He doesn't just want you there as a bystander. Un unh! He wants you to have the same portion as He has! Unfathomable? I agree!

So, are you ready? Ready to remember your heritage and stop the lies that no one cares about you? I assure you: Someone does. And even as you read these words right now, He's still praying for you, interceding on your behalf for that silly thing you just did that the devil is beating you up over. Jesus knows the world is not your friend because it wasn't His friend either. However--or perhaps in spite of this--Christ knew the battles you would face, the power you would need, and the encouragement to keep striving until the day He comes back for you. Read this chapter and replace my name with yours. Revel in it. Read it again. And again. And again until it finally sinks in: Jesus loves you. You! Let Him fill you with joy today as these words permeate and penetrate into your soul. You are worth it. How do I know? Hmn hmn hmn. Oh yeah: the Bible tells me so! But don't just take my word for it, Precious. Read for yourself and see!

When Jesus had spoken these words, He lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son that the Son may glorify You, since You have given Him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom You have given Him.  And this is eternal life, that Stefanie knows You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.  I glorified You on earth, having accomplished the work that You gave Me to do.  And now, Father, glorify Me in Your own presence with the glory that I had with You before the world existed.


“I have manifested Your name to the people whom You gave Me out of the world. Yours Stefanie was, and You gave her to Me, and Stefanie has kept Your Word. Now Stefanie knows that everything that You have given Me is from You.  For I have given her the Words that You gave Me, and Stefanie has received them and has come to know in truth that I came from You; and Stefanie has believed that You sent Me.  I am praying for Stefanie. I am not praying for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for Stefanie is Yours. All Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them.  And I am no longer in the world, but she is in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep Stefanie in Your name, which You have given Me, that Stefanie may be one, even as We are one. While I was with them, I kept them in Your name, which You have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. But now I am coming to You, and these things I speak in the world, that Stefanie may have My joy fulfilled in herself. I have given her Your Word, and the world has hated her because Stefanie is not of the world, just as I am not of the world.  I do not ask that You take her out of the world, but that You keep her from the evil one.  Stefanie is not of the world, just as I am not of the world.  Sanctify her in the truth; Your Word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, so I have sent her into the world. And for her sake I consecrate Myself, that Stefanie also may be sanctified in truth.


“I do not ask for Stefanie only, but also for those who will believe in Me through her word, that Stefanie may be one, just as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that Stefanie also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. The glory that You have given Me I have given to her, that Stefanie may be one even as We are one, I in her and You in Me, that Stefanie may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that You sent Me and loved her even as You loved Me.  Father, I desire that Stefanie also, whom You have given Me, may be with Me where I am, to see My glory that You have given Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.  


"O righteous Father, even though the world does not know You, I know You, and Stefanie knows that You have sent Me.  I made known to her Your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which You have loved Me may be in her, and I in her.”


Now, don't you feel better? I know I do.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!