Tuesday, September 13, 2016

You Can't Lose Me

You Can't Lose Me.jpg
As I was reading through the Book of Romans today, I came across this portion from Chapter 11:29:  for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.  Now, for those of you who know me best, you know there is usually always a song either going through my head or that pops into it to suit the occasion at hand.  Today was no different.

Way back in 1995 (yikes:  that’s over 20 years ago!!), Faith Hill sang a song called “You Can’t Lose Me.”  That was what popped immediately into my head while reading this verse.  Mmn hmn:  you know it too, don’t you?  As the chorus echoes in your mind, think of this as Jesus singing it instead of Faith.  

You can't lose Me
Bet your life
I am here and I will always be
Just a wish away
Wherever you go
No matter how far
My love is where you are
You won't be lost if you believe
You can't lose Me

Sadly, there are some religions that teach one can lose salvation but let me assure you--according to the Holy Word of God--you cannot!  Ever.  Never.  Never ever ever!  Irrevocable is defined as “not able to be changed, reversed, or recovered; final.”  The calling of God is irrevocable, friends. It cannot be taken away, lost, not changed. Glory! God's not going to change His mind about His decision of calling you to be His child. Happy sigh.

So, once more, sing the chorus to “You Can’t Lose Me.”  Picture yourself being crooned to by the Lover of your soul.  Feels good, doesn’t it? Ahh.  How marvelous the matchless love of our Saviour is.  Let’s bask in it for the rest of the day, shall we?  I think so too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!