Saturday, April 1, 2017

Prison Break

Steve is working on the porch. As the railing is taken down, I consider: these bars that he jokingly earlier spoke of saving to make a cage for the boys are indeed similar to the prison bars we are surrounded by.


He asked what kind of railing I want him to put up next. I gazed around and saw. Clearly. No barriers. No restraints nor restrictions.

Hmn.

"What if we left it alone," I queried. "What if we maybe just put up some benches to stretch out on and absorb the sun?"

Thinking this to be a most excellent idea--and because pretty much what Stefanie wants, Stefanie gets--Steve quickly acquiesced.

As he continues removing the barriers, how I wish it was as easy to remove the ones that keep me from clearly seeing and absorbing the Son. To have nothing between Christ and me? Sounds heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!