Thursday, October 8, 2015

It's My Pleasure


2015-10-08 It's my pleasure.jpg



You hear it often, especially at Chick-Fil-A and Cook-Out Restaurants when you’ve been served or when you ask for additional items.  “It’s my pleasure” the nice attendant will tell you, leaving you with the impression that you have been properly taken care of.  But did you know that this expression is not an original one for these eating establishments?  


Many years ago, our Lord Jesus Himself said these words in Luke 12:32:  Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.  Mmn hmn.  Still not convinced?  All righty then; I have another verse for you from Philippians 2:13.  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.


Do you see the difference though?  While the wait staff at these eateries say it’s their pleasure, God--as usual!!--goes one step further, declaring it’s His good pleasure to do things for us.  He’s just great that way.


So, today as you go about your business, I want to encourage you to think how incredibly blessed you are.  Think no one cares about you?  The kingdom is yours.  Think nothing in your life is changing?  God is working in you--for your benefit as well as for His.  His?  Yeah, that kinda got me too.  What could God possibly want from the likes of me to make Him happy?  Me, when He has so many others to choose from, others who are better qualified, nicer, and can sing, draw, create?  I’m not sure why He wants me to show off for Him but I tell you what: like Myra Beck wrote yesterday in her blog, “I will step into my greatness!” God put it there and by golly, I am going to use it--whatever “it” may be.  May you do the same.


Let’s pray!


Dear Lord, how wonderful you are.  Your mercies are new each day.  Your lovingkindnesses never fail.  Your love endures forever.  Tremendous gifts, Father, that You have given to Your kids and I for one am grateful.

Today, I seek to please You in my life is my prayer.  Thank You for the opportunity to do so.  What?  “It’s Your good pleasure?”  Well, amen then!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!