Tuesday, October 6, 2015

No white glove needed

Good Tuesday morning!  Isn't it a beautiful day out there?  God is so good to give us the season of fall!

The verse Steve and I are contemplating this week is from I John 4:18.  "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.  For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."  Isn't that a great verse?  I think so too!

Too much of my life has been spent in fear.  As a child, it was from the wrath of my dad.  As a teenager, it was from the pressure of my peers.  As a college student, it was from the world and what my place was in it.  As a young wife, it was would I be good enough.  As a mother, it was would I be able to supply all my kid needed.  As a teacher, it was would I be able to make that difference that I so wanted to.  As a Christian?  Ooh, that's where the biggest fears came.  Would I be enough for God to always love me or would He leave me as so many had before?

"For fear has to do with punishment" this verse tells me.  How I can relate to that!  Isn't it great though that my performance, my lack of excellence, and my inexperience does not cause God's love towards me to waver?  He doesn't expect for me to be perfect yet at the same time He is perfecting me so that I am suitable for His kingdom.  He's not going to reject me when I don't measure up.  When my best isn't as good as the gal's next to me, He isn't going to disregard my efforts.  And when I mess up?  He's not going to disown me.  I can never lose His love!!

As you go about your week, please keep this in mind:  if God is doing all of this for ol' Stef, He's surely doing it for you too.  We do not have to live in fear.  We do not have to worry and be anxious.  We just need to be still, to know He is God, and to listen for His voice to tell us our next moves.  We have to be ready for His call.  We have to love because God is love.  He set the example for us to follow and when we walk in His pathway, we become more like Jesus, more perfect, and we get to be fearless.

Let's pray!

Dear Lord, for so much of my life I feared You, feared You were going to smite me for all the horrible things I did, and feared that You would not be satisfied with any thing I did because I just never felt good about myself.  Thank You so much for showing me that you are not this way, that You aren't looking to find fault in me but instead, You are seeking to find favor with me.

Lord, as this verse becomes more real to me, I pray that the things in life I still fear will be replaced with faith.  May I trust You more and depend on the love that You have for Your children will more than sustain me.  I love You, Father.  Thank You for first loving me so that I know how to love better.  In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!