Friday, October 2, 2015

Til The Storm Passes Over

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.   Psalm 5:11

Good morning!  Oh sure, there's a hurricane brewing in the East.  A storm system is sitting on my area and flooding and other possible devastating events are predicted for the weekend.  Throw in that school shooting where Christians were executed for their faith and some of you may ask "What is so good about today?"

Sigh.  I know, friends.  Life hurts.  It hurts a lot.  But I know where to seek shelter when the storms of life bitterly attack, one after another.  I know where to go when I need to hide, when I need to be reassured that better days are ahead.  I know where to place my faith and Whom to cry out to.  I think you do too, or you wouldn't read my blog so faithfully.  Let's take a moment or two now, and let's cry out to Jesus.  He's there.  He's listening.  And mostly, He's going to keep us.  Let's pray and then find one of your favorite praise songs to uplift to Him.  Rejoice in all things!

God?  So many of my friends and readers are going through rough times.  While some are preparing for the predicted storm that is approaching, others were blindsided by the ones that came without warning.  They didn't have time to stock up their faith in case it was getting low.  They didn't have the foreknowledge to protect their hearts against the currents that are now so viciously attacking their souls.  Oh Father!  Will You let us take refuge in You once again?  Will You spread Your protective wings about us as we nestle in to You for security?  Sometimes we feel so alone and so vulnerable.  Squeeze us tightly, and keep us close to Your bosom.  May we rest in You is my hope for this day, for this weekend, for this life.  In the name of Jesus I pray.  Amen!

http://gaither.com/videos/til-storm-passes-live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!