Friday, April 8, 2016

Fun Friday!

James 5:13-16 states:  Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

On that note, I present to you today a fun challenge.  Last night, you see, as Steve and I had inadvertently (again) put off our prayer time, I commented to God how easily it is to put Him on the backburner when our needs are few, when our peace abounds, and when things are going well.  Oh the things one takes for granted!  

So, today, I want you to take the first initials of your first, middle, and last name (if you're a woman and feeling extra perky, you may also use your maiden name's initial and do an extra of your choice), and write a one-word response.  The order is as follows:  first initial, write a praise.  Second initial:  write something you are thankful for.  Lastly, with the third initial, write something you are requesting as a prayer.

 I've done mine on the poster but here it is again for those who are reading on phones:

S (for Stefanie):  SAVIOUR   
D (for Diane):  DRIVING
H (for Hutcheson):  HUMILITY

As you can see, I am so blessed to have Jesus as my Saviour!  I am thankful that I can drive because so many are not able to.  Lastly, I need prayers for humility because earlier this week I was told I was critical.  I certainly don't want to be so I need prayers that I will admit my faults, ask for forgiveness for this trespass, and call on you--my fellow Christian sisters and brothers--and ask you to pray for me.  Hey:  James said it would avail much so I am excited to see the changes that are going to come about when you all start praying fervently for me!  

Let's do a quick prayer now, shall we?  And please, participate in this event.  I'm curious to see your responses!

Dear Lord, thank You so much for being faithful.  Even though I often forget to talk to You, You are constant, still there, unchangeable, and the same as You were yesterday when my needs were greater.

Today I lift up my Wandering Readers and ask You to pour out a special blessing on them as they take a few moments to praise You, to thank You, and to ask for something that is on their hearts.  Help me to be faithful in praying for them, also, Lord, for it takes a village and for now, this is my home.  May I be a good, wise, and effective citizen is my prayer.  In the name of Jesus I ask these things:  amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!