Tuesday, April 26, 2016

It Heals Better If It's Covered Longer

A couple of hours ago I saw a commercial for BAND-AID Brand.  It was sweet, gentle, and comforting.  The key phrases in it were  "Covering is caring.  Covering heals."  

It went on to show a blanket being put around a sleeping kid.  A fly sheet was put on a horse to warm it.  Parents of a tiny baby ran through the rain under the shelter of a coat placed over all of their heads.  A helmet was placed on a young boy's head as he started off on his bicycle ride.  A family was watching a scary show and dad covered daughter's eyes so she wouldn't be frightened.  Oh, and I mustn't forget the dude who covered up his hawg so it wouldn't get bothered by the elements.

The fella in the background talked soothingly about protecting the things we cherish.  As it played, I couldn't help but think of another product (if you will) that covers, protects, heals, and cares.  His name is Jesus Christ and Psalm 91:4 tells that "He will cover you with His feathers; you will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield."

Are you in need of comfort today, friends?  Got some boo boos that need some special attention?  Are you concerned for a loved one?  Take your cares to Christ.  If You'll allow Him to, He will heal the scars on your hearts and in your bodies.  He will care for you better than any brother or friend.  Under the wings of God, there is no harm that can overtake you.  The hurt and the Healer collide when we cry out to Jesus.  Aren't you tired of the pain?  Do you want some relief from the storms in your lives?  All you have to do is go to Him.  Remember the story of the prodigal son?  His dad was watching for his son's return.  Yours is too.

Let's pray.

Dear Holy God, how I thank You for the comfort You so willingly give and supply.  As I reflect on this verse and the commercial that reminded me of Your capacities, Lord, to fix what is broken, my heart sings a quiet song of rejoicing.  Thank You for healing me, for kissing me when I hurt, and for allowing me to burrow in Your arms when I just need to be held.  I love You and praise You for all that You do to make me better.  In the name of Jesus, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!