Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Man, I Feel Like A Woman!


2015-06-02.jpg


June 2, 2015

Okay, remember how yesterday I used a picture with the words "No offense" on it?  Well today I am probably going to step on some toes and that's okay.  I'm tired of this situation that I'm about to write on and if you don't like it, don't read my blog today.  No offense.  

Bruce Jenner.  Oh my cow.  He's a she now and the media is just so full of encouragement at his bravery and his "finally being free to be me" fluff that I am about to puke.  I am sickened in my heart as I am bombarded with the pics of how pretty he is and how at the age of 65 he's at peace with what he's achieved.


Okay.  I just cannot write about this without being a smart-alec and throwing in opinions that only encourage negativity so I am going to change course here and say this:  my God is still working on me.  And He needs to for there is much work to be done!  Instead of focusing my attention elsewhere and condemning, I am going to ask God to help me to reflect on the parts of me that need trimmed, need cut out, need to be enhanced, need to be purged, and need to be softened.  

I can definitely use a face-lift for my countenance is too often downtrodden when there is so much to be happy about.  An eye-lift would be nice too so that I look upwards instead of down at people.  A nip and a tuck here and there would get rid of some of this flesh that I have to battle daily with.  My hair could surely use a trim so that it doesn't continue to blow in my eyes and distract me from seeing the beauty around me.  

You get the picture?  While I am in no way condoning changing one's sexual identity I do see the need for many of us to allow God to change in us the defects He sees.  And since my God doesn't make mistakes, I'm going to let Him keep me as a woman but ask Him to mold me into His image so that I may reflect the characteristics of Christ that are universal.  One day when He's done, I will be a work of art.  Until then, He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.  I don't need to condemn my fellow man but I do need to be an example of Jesus.  May it be so is my prayer today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!