Wednesday, June 3, 2015

So you think you've got problems? Wait until you hear mine!


Wandering Through the Bible's photo.


June 3, 2015
Okay, I know: school is almost over for the year. But before it winds down, let's do a word problem together. Yeah, I know that too: they are hard! But I think we might find this one interesting as well as educational.
Earlier today I got an email. Make that two because the author apparently thought she needed to be clear that this was important stuff that I "needed to know": stuff that I would probably "want to know." And just to be extra clear, she left a voice mail on the hubby's machine to make this important announcement have that little extra punch.
Soooooo...that's part one of the problem: what she said. Let's go to part two: what I heard.
What I heard when I read those words was "Stefanie, even though we've talked about this before, your feelings aren't important. This information is. Yeah, I know what you said about how you think this person has no business in your marriage but I am right and I know that you and Steve need to act on this. Yes, I understand that this person tried to create havoc way back then and even recently BUT that is not important. YOU aren't important. She is."
Okay, just for fun, let's throw in a part three to this equation. It shall be deemed as "watch as I sit back and laugh at the calamity of this situation," authored by the devil. As I pondered my response-or if there should even be a response given to this person--ol' slew foot was running to and fro, bringing up "facts" about how even after all of this time, even after all of these years of proving myself and my love for my husband, when the chips are down, so am I. This "chosen one" was who mattered and in her time of need I was to be disregarded.
Ugh. As I sat here digesting it all (which was pretty tough because I really didn't want to swallow this bull I was hearing), my flesh was getting pretty hot. I guess I could blame it on this fever I've been having for a few days now and--you guessed it--I chose to respond. That way I could blame it on the medication, right, in case it didn't come out right? (Cough)
I sent the lovely soul a nice email back, thanking her for the information and reminded her that she and I had already discussed this person recently and in case she wasn't clear, neither Steve nor I cared to ever hear of this woman again. I continued the note with some niceties and then went to take a nap. The medicine made me sleepy.
So, let's wrap this little problem up and put IT to bed, shall we? Just because someone says one thing and someone else takes that information and reads something else into it, does that make it true? No, it most certainly does not! What does God tell us to do? Plenty! Guard your hearts; take every thought captive; trust Him; lean not on our own understanding. Those are just for starters. When we examine the truths of His Word over the lies of the devil, something just doesn't add up, now does it? Next time you are faced with a word problem where it's just too hard to decipher what is really being said, I suggest you go to The Word and look for your answers there. Don't read what isn't. That just makes things more complicated.
Okay? Any questions? All righty then: class dismissed!
Let's pray!
Dear Lord, first off, I have to apologize. I was too easily able to get riled up over this incident because of my own insecurities about the effect I have--or don't have--on certain souls. Seems like no matter what I do, I often don't feel like I measure up to their standards. That's okay, Lord, for You have balanced me on Your scales and I pass the test! Help me, I pray, next time to take a deep breath and not fly off of the handle. I can't afford to give away too many more pieces of my mind, Lord, so temper me and placate me to examine truth before settling for lies.

Thank You for this situation, God. It turns me back to You for my validation. The world will never see me the way You do. The world will continue to hold my past against me and refuse to see my light and that is their loss. I'm not who I was and I have You to thank for that. Thank You! Keep honing me, Father, so that one day they will have no other choice but to see You in me and to realize I am the chosen one, chosen by You, and here to stay! In the name of Jesus I pray these things. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!