Sunday, February 28, 2016

Baby Steps


Recently, a winter weather event took place that knocked the power out for my daughter and her family.  They wound up spending a night with us and, as per usual for Steve and me, the next morning we read a devotion from the Jesus Calling by Sarah Young book I had received for Christmas, before everyone left for the day.

I had asked my oldest gson if he'd read, and as he perused through the page, barely had he read the first line when he exclaimed "This is the first verse we learned when we did our Bible Studies, Granny!"  He asked his brother if he remembered and then he described the card we'd used.  How my heart glowed as they reminisced about that day so many days ago when they'd sit with me and Lisa in my Pretty Purple Room on the days I'd get to keep them when she was over and we'd do our daily devotions.
Don't you just love it when all thing work together for good, when you see those seeds planted from three years past showing good, solid roots?   Sure, my grandsons are young.  Their formative years are in front of them now and soon their tiny little minds will be filled with so much fluff.  Truthfully, they already are, so I am particularly happy that the times I was able to spend with them a few years ago had some effect on the things they are learning now.

Two of the boys are in school now so we don't get to do those Bible Studies like we used to.  This chart shows some of the cards we did when we started back in January 2013.  My youngest grandchild often walks by this wall hanging and looks at it with curiosity.  I can't wait to do his first study, hopefully soon, and do some more sowing!

Let's pray!

Dear Lord, how I thank You for the opportunities to spread Your Word to these precious boys You allow in my care every so often.  Such sweetness and simplicity they reveal to me as I myself study Your Word.  You have used them mightily to reveal so many of Your gentle attributes and I thank You for children, Lord.

Today, as Sunday School Teachers all around are preparing their lessons and wondering perhaps if it really matters, please reassure them it does.  These lessons matter.  The results might appear to go in one ear and out the other, but Lord?  In between those ears, there is a tiny little brain that absorbs and retains these teachings and one day, one sweet day, that lesson will come back to these little ones.  You promised us that Your Word would not return void: that Your Word endures forever.  You were right!

May we all take the time to teach our children well is my prayer today, Father.  Teach us how to best teach them, in the name of Jesus is my prayer.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!