Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mary

Friday, August 15, 2008

I just got off the phone with Mary for the second time this evening. Earlier today she was admitted to the hospital. She couldn't talk as much as we did the first time 'cause she kept coughing. Obviously I fret and wonder if this is her nearing her ending on this earth. She told me recently that she'd asked God to not let her die at home, so that her kids would have just good memories there. Are You listening and answering her, Lord? She also asked if she could go quickly. Will she? Did I just have my last conversation on this earth with her? I know I can be a pessimist but no one is here to talk to so I am pouring out my thoughts in this blog. She's been living on "borrowed time" according to her doctors. This cancer has eaten her up and there's not much left it hasn't invaded.

Lord, will You please give Mary a good night's sleep, a happy day with her daughters and her grandkids tomorrow when they come to see her? Will You comfort her through this night and fill her with so much peace that she just radiates, as Moses did after spending time with you on the mountain? Whatever time she has left, will You shine through her, leaving those she touches to know she is Yours and there is no sorrow in her homegoing? Help us to celebrate her life and to anticipate our next meeting with her as a joyful reunion. Mostly Lord, will You hold her? I wish she wasn't alone right now but for whatever reason, You have her in the hospital bed with no one else but You.

Isn't that enough, Stef?

Yes. Lord, You are enough.

Sweet dreams, Mary. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!