Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Saw You

Monday, October 22, 2007

Last Wednesday, I saw you. You were lying inside of your mommy's womb. Your little heart was racing and your posture was that of waiting: you have a lot of growing to do, little one, and you are going to be in there for quite a while.

The doctor showed us your teeny tiny umbilical cord. This is your sustenance for the next seven months, give or take a few days. We have a saying we quote out here often, "Can I use my lifeline?" Use your mommy's lifeline, Baby. She's taking good care of you.

Do you know how much you are already loved and longed for? So much! Your daddy is so excited and he can't wait to show you all of his tricks. Watch out for him: he's a prankster. No one is safe from his antics. No one. He may get you into some trouble later but nothing too seriously. Your momma thinks about you all the time. Do you feel her rubbing your "home," keeping you warm and safe? Uncle Shaun is the one who has been poking you. He's another one you will have to watch out for!

Grampa has been doing a bit of praying for you. He's the one who is going to make your world a better place. He had a good teacher and I guarantee you that when he is around, no one will mess with you! He's also the one you can count on for unconditional love and support. Baby, you are one blessed child to have him as your grampa!

And me? Who am I? Well, you can call me Granny. Really, you can call me whatever you want--as long as it isn't inspired by your daddy. He'll have you calling me "Granny Snef" or some other thing that I probably shouldn't put down on paper. Regardless, I am also the one who has a vested interest in you. You are my first grandchild and I love you so much already! My eyes tear up at the thoughts of holding you. I've been trying to hold back on getting too excited about you. It's tough! I try not to rub Mommy's belly every time she's near and tell you hi. But when I saw you last week, I was overcome. She was too. Her eyes were glued to the screen and we both just marvelled at you. We got to share this moment and it is one I will treasure always. My baby and her baby. You. Ahh.

Well, I guess I will go now. You will be hearing a lot from me! I just wanted you to know I saw you and you are beautiful, Baby. You are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!