Sunday, May 17, 2015

It's Been Way Too Long

May 17, 2015

Yesterday, I had the distinct pleasure of spending the day with the hubby.  And what a glorious day it was!  The weather couldn't have been any nicer for our trip to Henderson County.  The Ipod was going strong as we listened to my eclectic collection of songs from all genres of music.  One moment we'd be singing Don Henley and the next Diamond Rio.  Throw in some Journey, Little Texas, The Thompson Twins, and the occasional gospel song that would come on and we were having a blast, doing what we love:  turning the radio up, putting the windows down, and letting the wind blow through our hair.

We were coasting up the interstate when Avalon's song "Lord Move (Or Move Me)" came on.  I sang it wholeheartedly and Steve  got kind of quiet.  "I don't know what it is about that song but...I just don't really think I like it."

"You mean because it's kind of whiny," I asked?  

"Yeah, that's it.  I think."

"Well, now that you've heard the lyrics, wanna hear it again," I asked.  He did and his little tune changed (pardon the pun).  ♫

Soon, he was singing along and we were back to rejoicing in the beautiful day our Lord had made.  We stopped for lunch at Carrabba's, visited with the folks for a little while, went and looked at the house, had a quick visit with Catherine, and then went to drive along Highway 64 and take the long way home.  Did I mention what a pleasant day it was?

Earlier in the morning, I just couldn't for the life of me get inspired to write a blog.  Friday, I had had writer's block as well.  As I reflect on the song featured in today's picture, and the melody runs through my head, I realize its timeless truths:  sometimes we don't have the words to say.  Sometimes we get a little down.  Sometimes the only thing that will help is for God to reach down His hand, to remember that no matter what He understands.  No matter what, friends.  Whether it's the everyday business of life, the remembrance of loved ones who are sick or who are gone on (by the way, Happy Birthday, Moo Moo.  Miss you, sis!), the cares of the world, or just that we have drifted away and the waves are crashing on the shore.  Sometimes we have to cry out to God for Him to move in a way we've never seen before or--or we need to ask Him to move us.

I was fortunate enough yesterday for God to move me.  I got to see His beauty in the poppies growing on the interstate.  I got to feel His gentle breeze flow over me as Celine took us up the mountain.  I was able to hear His voice and see His majesty in the Rocky Broad River that flowed over all of those stones in the Chimney Rock area.  Seeing His creation in the spring splendor as Steve and I walked the trail to view the river and stare at the mass of rock that draws tourists from all parts of the world was refreshing.  Watching young children frolic in the cold waters was a hoot.  As we enjoyed a terrific supper at the Old Rock Cafe and watched the little stream that trickled down from atop of the mountain, how could we do anything else but be thankful to live in such a world where wonders never cease?  

Lord, thank You for moving me yesterday.  I was in a funk and Your mighty hand moved me to a place of fellowship with You.  Calm, peace, and serenity enveloped my wandering soul.  Refreshed and renewed, I come to You this morning in praise.  Thank You, my Father, for holding Your child and for letting me rest in Your strength.  You moved and You moved me.  Thanks so much, Lord!  May I ever bask in You is my hope.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!