Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Don't Let The Sun Go Down Upon Your Wrath

May 27, 2015

Dear Lord, I'm mad. Oh no: not at You. Hardly!

I'm mad because the devil is attacking my friends, their loved ones, their kids. He's stealing their joy and trying to take away their peace. He's wreaking havoc on their bodies, their minds, and their relationships so I'm coming to You for some help.

As I told one of my friends, she must be doing something right to have this viciousness sent her way. Her walk with You, Lord, must be heading in the right direction otherwise why all of these stones suddenly being put in her pathway? She's being hit particularly hard, Father, so I ask for extra strength to be sent her way as she relies on You once again to get her through this.

Sickness. Cancer. Death. Desperation. Separation. Loneliness. Financial issues. These are nothing new to Your children, Lord. What I ask for today is a newness in responses to these trials. May we all put on our armor and put our complete and fervent trust in You? May we not be foolish enough to think we can handle it on our own but instead, Father, may we cry out to You to rescue us, to keep us standing, and if that's it Lord, then to just stand? Not falter. Not barely hang on. Stand. Firm in the faith. Firm in You.

Thank You. I know You've got this, Lord. Our hearts are turned to You, our ears are listening for Your voice. Direct us and guide us is my prayer this afternoon. In Jesus' name I ask: amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!