Thursday, January 14, 2016

Stones

I read a good devotion this morning by Max Lucado.  It dealt with the bag of stones we all carry around.  Stones from our past.  A whole collection of them that we don't always realize we have sacked up and yet we wonder why our loads sometimes seem so heavy.

What if, for today, we threw those stones into the River of Life?  What if we discarded them the way we feel we were discarded, neglected, or whatever sad feeling was invoked which made us carry those burdens of pain and hurt around needlessly?  What if we let the Water of the Word wash over them and smooth those rough places out?  What if we cast our cares on Him and let Him do the caring?  What if His Spirit truly can renew and revive us?  What if we stopped wondering "what if" and started believing "what is" instead?  

Let's pray!

Lord, my heart is heavy and my shoulders are sagging as I contemplate the burdens that I am carrying around.  I ask You this moment to relieve me of my heavy load and take it upon Yourself.  You said You would and today I claim that promise.  Care for me, today, Lord.  Care for the Bettys and the Brittanys and the ones I love that You love even more.  Hold and heal us is my prayer, asked fervently, Lord, for I cannot do this on my own.  Amen.

Here is the link to the devotion by Max:  Stronger in the Broken Places

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!