Saturday, January 16, 2016

Working 9 to 5


Welcome to my world.  This is so typical of me as I struggle along, trying to get myself in gear, and do the things that are necessary in my life if I am to take up my bed and walk.  I found this comic strip, liked it, and kept on reading more of them.  Then I sent one to a writer friend and then...then I realized I had to stop.  

Last night, Steve and I watched the fourth video in the "Armor of God" study.  It dealt with the shoes of peace.  Here's the best part:  
Peace is not only your guard, it is also your guide. You’ve got shoes so you can move forward.  
Those last two words really got my attention and they are what I wish to discuss briefly (yes, I will keep it short today!).

For a while now I have been putting off going back into the workforce.  My reasons are my own but the truth of the matter, the heart of the matter is, that it is time.  As I consider all of the moments I have misused these past few years, I hardly think that writing blogs is my sole purpose in life.  While my hope is that they have been beneficial to those who read them or that may one day come across them in due season, unfortunately they aren't sought after by some publishing company who is just knowing that they will be the next big thing and want to pay me oodles of money to write them, perfect them, and publish them for all the world to see.

So, it's time to dust off the old resume`.  It's time to put into practice the lessons learned and shared.  It's time to walk.  I can't just keep sitting still, letting the world go by, letting my own impotence keep me near a pool where I see others getting victory while I just lie and wait my turn.  It's my turn now and I've been commanded to pick up my bed and walk.  Jesus said to arise.  He asked if I wanted to be made whole.  I do.  And while I know that a job won't complete me, it is a step that I need to take to make me better, to make me less Stef-centered, and to put myself out there physically instead of just emotionally.

It's funny.  Last night as I was praying about this, I asked the Good Lord to put me in a place where I wouldn't fall in love with the folks I worked with.  Each place of employment I have been at, I have felt compelled to give my ears, my gifts, my heart to (most of) the ones I have been in contact with.  I didn't want that this time, I told the Lord.  I want to just have a job and it be just a job that I do and come home each night from without dwelling on it or the people whose paths have crossed mine.  I could almost hear Him silently chuckling as He reminded me that if I am to be more like Jesus, then I am to love.  Even when it hurts.  Even when it isn't reciprocated.  Even when it isn't asked for.  For God so loved and if He did, then I am to too.

Let's pray now!

Dear Father, as I take the plunge and dig up that old resume` and seek to reenter the workforce, I ask You to guide me to a place where my talents are used, where my brain is not on standby, and where I can grow in my walk with You.  I'm not sure where You will lead me but I am on guard and with You as my Guide, then I declare to move forward.  You know my path, Father, and my hand is clenched tightly into Yours as I make this effort.  It's hard because of my insecurities and such but You said when I am weak, You'd be strong.  Lead me, I pray, in the name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!