Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Day Eight

June 8, 2016.  What a beautiful day, Lord, You have made.  I went outside to mail some cards as Your playful breeze beckoned me to linger and feel the warmth of the brilliant sun.  I see the tree swaying gently, even as I write this blog, and wish I could just go back out and enjoy the pleasant day provided for me.

For me.  You made this day for me.  "This is the day the Lord has made and I am to rejoice and be glad in it."  And a great part of me is, Father.  I'm watching the tree, hearing the noise from the wind, and that blue sky?  It's just perfect, God.  Perfect!  Like You are.

My mind has lots of things going through it and with such a small amount of space, my thoughts tend to come out of my fingers.  Two songs are going through--no, make that three--my head.  The first is from way back when called "When He Beckons Me Home To Stay."  My friends from Unity Baptist Church, Mike, Becky, Myra, and the precious Alechia used to sing it sometimes and it went through my mind as I was putting the stamps on my cards and felt the calling of the great outdoors.  The next song--which goes with today's Bible Study reading--is the song by Casting Crowns, "East to West" and I love the message it provides for me.  Then lastly, because of the beauty You have made, the children's classic "This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made."  

Rejoice would be the key theme to these songs and to the verses I am about to share with you readers.  Ready?  They come from Psalm 103:8-12 and go like this:
The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abiding in steadfast love.He will not always chide, nor will He keep His anger forever.He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His steadfast love towards those who fear Him;as far as the east is from the west so far does He remove our transgressions from us.
So much here that could be discussed but I think instead that I will just rejoice in the fact that God loves me.  Do I ever get on His nerves?  Surely!  Does He get mad at me?  Mmmn, how could He not?  But just as kids do bad stuff and we reprimand them for it, we don't hold that infraction against them for the rest of the day, much less the rest of their lives (this nugget of wisdom is courtesy of my loving and wise hubby).  God is perfectly just to chide me and honestly, I appreciate when He does.  I know I'm far from perfect and when I do err, He doesn't let me by with it--not because I am so great, but because He is.  And I'm to reflect His Son Jesus and I can't very well do that, now can I, when I am left to my own devices?  

Speaking of leaving, I will close with the link to another song I dearly love by The Mike Whitson Family:  "Jesus, I've Got A Longing."  Hope you will enjoy it!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n77_AQLhUwY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!