Thursday, June 9, 2016

Day Nine

I almost didn't stick to my self-mandated plan to write a blog each day of June in accordance with the 30-Day Plan I began 9 days ago. Almost.  If you're still up, hopefully this will be a blessing to you as you get ready for bed and say your late-night prayers.

Today's verses are from Mark 11:24-25:
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
Steve and I discussed this in great detail because I was really struggling with the fact that if I have anything against anyone (and trust me, I do, even though often I don't even realize it until something makes it jump to the surface), how on earth would my prayers ever get prayed? If I am so busy self-examining and continuously falling short, how can God ever get to work on straightening me up?! Any-thing? Any-one? Uh oh, Stef.

Blessedly, my Lord has given me such a wise hubby and to put it in short terms, when I blatantly have a grudge against another, I need to ask God to forgive me for that and then go on. But those other little nagging things that the devil tries to use me to get off guard, things that have already been dealt with but that he wants to use to tangle me up and keep me in chains? Things that indeed are settled and may still have the power to sting but not to wound? Ahh, those things can be filed away, Stef. Those things can not separate me from the love of God nor get in the way of our fellowship because God knows my heart, my heart's intent, and my mind's craziness. After all, as we are learning by working our way through these verses, when we sin, we are sinning against God, right? The world is going to have its share of sorrows but remember what Christ said? "Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

As you lay yourselves down to sleep, don't let the devil keep you from snuggling up to God. Don't get hindered and restless when it's time to "let it go" as my sweet little neighbor sang over and over to us tonight, unknowingly providing the refrain for what should be most of our own personal mottoes. God has forgiven you your trespasses. No need to dredge them up again and again.

Sleep tight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!