Monday, June 6, 2016

Day Six

Today's scripture deals with the reason why John the Beloved is writing to us. It reads as follows:
I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven for His name's sake.
I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him Who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, children, because you know the Father.
I write to you, fathers, because you know Him Who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the Word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one. I John 2: 12-14
I don't know about you, but being told what to do over and over usually gets on my nerves.  Being talked down to certainly is not the way to get me to see things your way. And talking over my head without taking into account my prior knowledge of the subject at hand is probably a waste of your time. So, when you feel there is something I really need to know, please treat me like someone you really care for and explain it to me accordingly. Just as John wrote to those he loved, I too try to write this blog in a way that will serve you all. Yes, sometimes the subject is repeated over and over but I guess that's because what he wrote and what I write just mean so much to us individually in our endeavor to grow closer to Christ that we will continue telling the story until there are no words left in us.  Or, could be, we're hard of hearing, have selective hearing, or maybe we just misunderstood the topic/question and were too ashamed to ask for clarification. 

Please play along with this poll today as I seek the best ways to interact with you. Invite your friends and let's learn Jesus together, shall we? We shall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!