Saturday, June 25, 2016

Days Twenty-Four and Twenty-Five

2014.jpg

Dear Lord, I am not sure where to go with these passages from yesterday and today.  As I ponder them and seek what You would have me learn from them, I am faltering.  I know You are righteous, just, and merciful.  I know that You sent Jesus to me as a gift for my many sins.  What I don’t know is how to explain them to anyone else as a means of dealing with this topic of forgiveness that has been the theme for the month of June.

And maybe that’s the point, Lord.  I don’t know.  I am crazy to think I have all of the answers when I am still so full of questions for You myself.  Maybe these words are just to make me realize how little I do know and instead should take the time to ponder them instead of spouting off self-acclaimed wisdom about them.  

Okay then.  No blog today.  Just a brief reminder that sometimes we just need to be still, to know You are God, and to ponder what exactly that means for the specific times in life when there are no easy answers.  I can do that.  

Thank You for allowing me the time, Lord.  May I use it wisely and have You reveal more of Yourself to me is my prayer, asked in the sweet name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. " be still, to know You are God, and to ponder what exactly that means for the specific times in life when there are no easy answers. " Sometimes this a hard thing to do. Thanks for the gentle reminder that seeking Him and His will is ALWAYS the best thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, Anne. Usually I see remarks/comments on Facebook and don't think to look for them here. Nonetheless, thanks for reading, for considering, and for being still. For that, my love, is where the real action takes place!

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to read today!