Friday, September 4, 2015

He whispers sweet peace to me

September 4, 2015

Welcome to my world.  Sigh.  As the picture illustrates, sometimes we just don't know what to say.  We think our idea or opinion or statement is going one way and then voila`!  It's gone.  Lost or paused.  We know it was going somewhere but...

It's times like these that I am so thankful for the Word of God.  Romans 8:26 states:  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

As I was praying a moment ago, seeking direction on what to write this morning, after murmuring the words, "Lord.  Lord, I...Lord?" I kind of floundered.  I knew that yesterday's blog was painful:  painful for me to write and painful for you to read.  So today I wanted to do something uplifting and more encouraging, something that would point you more to God's grace and goodness and I just flopped.  My prayers failed me.  Wonder why?

Sigh.  I don't know.  Maybe because some things just cannot be expressed with words but just being alone with God for a few moments, just reveling in His arms as He holds me and soothes me is enough.  Feeling His love, His understanding, and the knowledge that I don't have to talk, don't have to explain, and I don't have to ask Him for anything because He already knows my thoughts, my desires, my hopes, my hurts.  He probably--in all honesty--is tired of hearing me whine so this silence, this seeking for the right words might just be what He has been seeking in me so that He might get the chance to speak, to soothe, to secure.

Dear Lord,

Thank You for these times of silence.  Their sounds are refreshing.  The thoughts are stilled as I just rest.  Hold me now, Father, as I lie here.  Whisper sweet peace to me.  Ease my cares, my frustrations.  Shush me and then?  Then Lord, speak to me.  I will be better able to hear You once I just relax.  I don't have to bear the weight of the world.  That's Your job and You do it so much better than I can.

Nudge me into more reflection, Lord, and shush me again.  The thoughts are starting to bombard and I need more time to just lean on You.  Peace, Lord.  May it be mine--as well as those who are reading this right now.  May we drift into Your arms for a little while is my prayer.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!