Sunday, August 2, 2015

It's only words




Wandering Through the Bible's photo.


August 2, 2015
You know that expression "a picture is worth a thousand words" and how it is used so often? Well, today's featured pic comes to you with a lovely visual and just an ordinary word that has an extraordinary connotation to it.
I can't really add any more to this thought but...yeah, you knew I couldn't not write something! wink emoticon While playing Words With Friends the other day, the definition for the last word played came up. And you thought I just got my inspiration from Bingo Blitz! Anyway, the word was "rid." Oh my! Get ready to be free!!

Rid is defined by Dictionary.com as: verb (used with object), rid or ridded, ridding.
1. to clear, disencumber, or free of something objectionable (usually followed by of):
I want to rid the house of mice. In my opinion, you'd be wise to rid yourself of the smoking habit.
2. to relieve or disembarrass (usually followed by of):
to rid the mind of doubt.
3. Archaic. to deliver or rescue:
to rid them out of bondage; to rid him from his enemies.
Idioms
4. be rid of, to be free of or no longer encumbered by:
to be rid of obligations.
5. get rid of, to eliminate or discard:
It's time we got rid of this trash.
Again, not much I can add to this! I really need to read my dictionary more often. Good to know that when I am slack, God still reaches me in my "off time" through little things and words that always point me back to Him. Thanks Lord! May I never be rid of Your immutable presence in my life. 

heart emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!