Friday, August 28, 2015

You've got (fe)mail!

August 28, 20152015-08-28 Psalm 133 1.JPG


Good morning!  Tell me something:  how do you start your day?  No, not the details about what you have to do before getting the kids and hubby ready, but your day?  Do you start off with a quick run to the bathroom?  Do you start the coffee pot and read/journal/pray before the others wake up?  Do you check your email and Facebook and such to see what you missed overnight?


If you’re like me, it’s mostly a combination of those things.  Depending on if I wake on my own or by way of the alarm clock, I tend to check my phone for “pertinent information” that I just “need to know” before my day starts.  However, once the hubby is gone and once I have gotten my eyes to better focus, I tend to go a little deeper.  I’d like to say that I immediately start praying and doing a devotion or some other deeply spiritual activity but alas!  I’d be lying if I said I did that. And oh how the devil loves to throw it in my face and try to make my day start off with his dear friend Guilt.  “If you really loved God, you wouldn’t put anything in front of Him!”  Oh Guilt:  why don’t you go on back to where you came from and stop nagging me?


Anyways, back to my original thoughts as to how I start my day.  Generally, I check out Facebook, in particular the messages received.  For you see, I have this great church family and we have a prayer message chain that we update as necessary--and if you know us ladies, there are many things that are constantly being added to this conversation.  And that is what I want to talk to you about this morning.


Psalm 133:1 writes “How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity!”  I couldn’t agree more!  Do you know what a comfort it is to wake up and see that others are already lifting up needs and praying on behalf of the requests that have been made known?  Do you know how wonderful it is to know that one sweet soul can add to this list at any time and the responses come almost immediately?  Do you know how my heart smiles as I think of these women who have become so vital to me?  Ahh.  Happy sigh.


The picture I used for today was from a couple of months back when we had a Ladies Tea in order to get to know one another better.  This was our “goofy” pic ‘cause--like the song says--“Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!”  And while that is true, girls also want someone to share with.  They want to know that they aren’t alone.  They--I--need to know that when there is a need, there is an able-bodied woman there to provide instant consolation, understanding, and who will pray for that request without hesitation.

So, wonderful gals of Clarks Chapel Baptist Church and my Facebook Friends who respond when I cry out:  thank you.  Thank you for showing me Christ through your actions, through your faith, and through your love for the brethren--and sistren!  May your day be as special, sweet, and sincere as you are.  In the precious name of Jesus I pray this.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!