Saturday, August 22, 2015

This is the day!

2015-08-22  Psalm 147 8.jpg
Good morning!  I don't know about you, but I sure am grateful for the rains we received around here this week.  It's so nice to have the yuck washed away and the ground replenished, don't you think?

Psalm 147:8 says "He covers the sky with clouds; He supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."  As you ponder on the different scenarios across the United States, you can't help but wonder why God allows drought in some areas, flooding in others, and wildfires to wreak their havoc in various parts.  Also, there's the threat of Hurricane Danny to disrupt the peaceful weather we are experiencing in my neighborhood this morning.

I have no answer for this.  I have no answer for the discussion of the degrees of hell and the different reward tiers in heaven.  I can't even begin to explain the mindset of us Americans as we go through the process of electing new leaders and guess what?  I don't care.  Not in a mean, sarcastic way.  What I am saying is that I don't have the inclination to get involved with things that are over my spiritual pay grade.  Some things in life are just better accepted at face value as we focus on the wonders of God and His creation rather than trying to figure out the particulars.

On that note, I wish you a happy day.  Enjoy the beauty provided to you.  Love on those whom you get to spend time with and for those you've not seen or heard from in a while?  Give 'em a call.  Write them a letter.  Let them know they are on your heart.  It only takes a few minutes and that is something that I indeed know about and realize the effects of.  Remember:  if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Let's pray!

Dear Lord, thank You for the marvelous and majestic scenery around me.  The sunrises and the sunsets, the pretty flowers, the green grass, and the wondrous skies are all provided by You for Your children to enjoy.  

As You know, I have many souls asking me and others for prayer today for either themselves, friends, and/or family members.  Father God, may Your will be done for them and in them.  Whatever situations are going on, my hope is that we will love as You love and that that comfort will show the world that we are different and that we have a hope that they too may cling to.  I love You, Lord, and praise You for the great and mighty things You are doing.  In Christ's name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!