Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Corinthians 13:13

Wandering Through the Bible

July 13


 

Love is an action word. It is also a noun.

1.a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2.a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3.sexual passion or desire.
4.a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5.(used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?

There are many things in this life I love. My husband, my daughter and her family, the Lisas is my life, as well as the Virginias and the Carols. I could throw a few other names out there but then you all would get the big head.

I love being able to express myself. I love cooking--and eating! I love the pictures my grandsons make me and the way they make me laugh. I love technology (especially when it works!). I love going to movies, doing Bible Studies, going on rides with the radio up, the window down, and the wind blowing through my hair. I love Walmart!

I love watching football, especially when the Cowboys play. I love scrapbooking and getting together with others to do it. I love reading a good book. I love going to the beach, as well as going to Tennessee. I just love so many things and peoples and places!

I love God. I don't say it enough and am ashamed that He wasn't at the top of my list. I love how He sent His Son for me and hearing about how if I had been the only one on this earth, He still would have sacrificed Him for me. I don't love my sins that made Him do so.

Today as I enjoy my weekend and celebrate my father-in-law's 73 birthday, I want it to be a special time. I want to show love like never before. I want to be kind, sweet, tender-hearted, encouraging, and fun. I want the love of Jesus to shine through me tomorrow at the Next church service. I wouldn't even mind loving me some great JD's Smokehouse brisket! I hope your weekend will be a good one too and remember: the greatest is love. Don't be afraid to love someone today.




 

Top of Form

Bottom of Form

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read today!